Although the Oracle Directory Manager is a powerful tool, as the application server administrator you will probably find it easier to use the web based tool oiddas or the OID Self Service Console. The OID Self Service Console (SSC) is part of the Delegated Administration Services. This tool is much easier to use when managing a user.
1. login to Oracle Identity Management Self-Service Console(OIDDAS)
To access SSC,open your browser and point to the infrastructure OHS port, and add the oiddas directory to the URL.
2. Once you click login, since our environment is a SSO-Enabled environment. It would
transfer you to the SSO login page. Here you have to use the orcladmin binding
3. Click OK, then you would be able to login to oiddas like below:
4. Click Directory tab on this page
5. Click Create to create a new user called readonly. Fill in the basic information
of this user.
6. Once you click submit, you could be able to search out the user under the
7. Click privileges to set the required permissions for this user. For now, we don’t
set anything in order for it to be read only.
8. Test if we could use the account to bind to our current LDAP Server.
Possible Issues and solutions:
This issue is because DSA service is not started. Check the status of the current settings.See the pic below:
But in fact, when you use ./opmnctl startall
The components: DSA, LogLoader,dcm-daemon WON’T be automatically started. You have to start them one by one by using the following command:
opmnctl startproc ias-component=dcm-daemon
opmnctl startproc ias-component=dsa
opmnctl startproc ias-component=LogLoader
4 thoughts on “Create a readonly LDAP Bind DN with Oracle OID”
Would you be concerned about exchanging hyperlinks?
Nice post. I study something tougher on completely different blogs everyday. It is going to all the time be stimulating to read content from other writers and apply just a little something from their store. I’d want to make use of some with the content material on my blog whether or not you don’t mind. Natually I’ll offer you a link in your web blog. Thanks for sharing.
I am really impressed with your writing skills as well as with the layout on your weblog. Is this a paid theme or did you modify it yourself? Either way keep up the excellent quality writing, it is rare to see a nice blog like this one nowadays
Hi there, just became aware of your blog through Google, and found that it’s truly informative. I’m going to watch out for brussels. I will be grateful if you continue this in future. Lots of people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!